CHEMISTRY IN EVERYDAY LIFE
- Define with example:-
10. Chemo therapy
11. Target molecule
12. Drug target
13. Anti microbial drugs
14. Sulpha drugs.
- Give reasons why:-
1. Detergents are non-ecofriendly.
2, Soaps cannot be used in hard water
3. Diabetic patients are advised to take saccharine.
4. Aspartame cannot be used while cooking.
5. Heart patients are advised to take aspirin.
6. During acidity in stomach, it is advisable to take antihistamines rather than antacids.
7. Antidepressant drugs are used to treat depression.
8. Food-preservatives are added to control spoilage of food.
9. Metal hydroxides are better antacids than hydrogen carbonates.
10. Ranitidine and cimitidine are better antacids than metal hydroxides and hydrogen carbonates.
- Write down the differences between:-
1. Antagonist drugs & Agonist drugs.
2. Non-narcotic & Narcotic analgesics.
3. Bactericidal & Bacteriostatic antibiotics.
4. Broad spectrum & Narrow spectrum antibiotic.
5. Antiseptic & disinfectant.
6. Cationic & Anionic detergent.
- Give example of each:
1. Cationic detergent
2. Anionic detergent
3. Sweetening agent used during cooking
4. Food-preservative (two)
5. Antifertility drug
8. Broad-spectrum Antibiotic
9. Narrow-spectrum Antibiotic
10. Limited Spectrum Antibiotic
11. Non-narcotic analgesics/antipyretic
12. Narcotic analgesics
13. Tranquilisers / Antidepressant drug
16, Antihistamine which are anti allergic.
- Explain the following terms with respect to drug enzyme interaction a) enzyme inhibitor
b) competitive inhibitor
c) allosteric site.
- Explain the following term with respect to respect to receptor as drug target a) antagonist
- Classify the following as broad spectrum, narrow spectrum or limited spectrum antibiotics:
Penicillin-G, ampicillin, amoxicillin, chloramphenicol, vancomycin
- What are a) broad spectrum antibiotics
b) narrow spectrum antibiotics
c) narrow spectrum antibiotics? Give two examples each.
- While antacids and anti allergic drugs interfere with the function of antihistamine, why they do not with the function of each other?
- Why should not we take medicine with out consulting doctor?
- Low level of noradrenaline is the cause for depression. What type of drug is needed to cure this problem? Name two such drugs. How do they react?
- Name two tranquilisers suitable for relieving tension.
- Name the tranquiliser used in controlling depression and hyper tension.
- What are barbiturates? Give two examples.
- Which among the following are tranquilisers? Ranitidine, valium, serotonin, and cimetidine.
- Name the antibiotic used to cure a) typhoid
- Name the antibiotic which is toxic towards certain strain of cancer cells.
- Give one important use of each of the following:
19. Label the hydrophilic and hydrophobic part present in the following compounds:
b) CH3(CH2)15 N(CH3)3Br
c) CH3(CH2)10COO(CH2CH2O)nCH2 CH2OH
- How does aspirin act as analgesic?
- How does aspirin prevent heart attack?
- Why should we avoid using narcotics as analgesic?
- 23. Morphine narcotics are referred as opiates. Why?
- Name the a) scouring agent
b) builder added to soap. Mention the function of each.
- Why does soap not work in hard water?
- What are detergents? Mention the advantage and disadvantage of soap over detergent.
- How are detergents classified? Give one example each. Mention the use of each.
- Write the equation of the reaction involved in the preparation of a) non ionic detergent
b) anionic detergent.
- What are biodegradable and non biodegradable detergents? Give one example each.
- Classify the following as antiseptic or disinfectant: Furacin, soframycin, tincture of iodine, iodoform, boric acid, 0.1% phenol, 1% phenol, 0.2 ppm, Cl2 and very low concentration of SO2.
- What are antifertility drugs? Give one example each of a) synthetic progesterone
b) estrogen derivative which are used as antifertility drug.
- What are the main categories of food additives?
- Name the artificial sweetening agent used by diabetic patient.
- Why is aspartame limited to cold food and drinks?
- What problem arises in using alitame as a sweetening agent?
- Why do we need artificial sweetening agent?
- What is the advantage of sucralose as a artificial sweetening agent?
- What are soaps? Give the equation of the reaction involved in the preparation of soap.
- How is a) Toilet soap b) Transparent soap prepared?
- Which chemical is added to shaving soap to prevent rapid drying?
- Name the gum added to make shaving soap.
- Name the chemicals added to laundry soap.
- If water contain calcium bicarbonate, out of soap and detergent which one will you use to clean clothes?
- Mention the constituents of Dettol.
- Name the antiseptic added to soap.
- What is tincture of iodine?
- What are food preservatives? Give two examples.
- How does enzyme act as drug target?
- How do receptors act as drug target?
- What are analgesics? How are they classified? Give two examples each.
- Name the antibiotic developed by Paul Ehrlich for the treatment of syphills.
- Name the antibiotic which leads to the discovery of sulpha drugs.
- Name the substance which is used as antiseptic as well as disinfectant.
- How the drug enzyme interaction occurs in our body?
Very quickly this web site will be famous among all blogging and site-building visitors, due to it’s fastidious articles or reviews
Hi there, You have performed a great job. I will certainly digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this site.
Новости компьютерного мира тут [url=http://progio.ru/]progio.ru[/url]
Последние андроид новости здесь [url=http://androidusers.ru/]androidusers.ru[/url]
Последние женские новости здесь [url=http://phpua.net/]phpua.net[/url]
I am also commenting to let you understand what a brilliant encounter my wife’s daughter encountered reading your site. She came to understand numerous things, which include how it is like to possess a marvelous teaching spirit to let other people completely fully grasp selected specialized things. You actually did more than our own expected results. Many thanks for providing these insightful, trusted, explanatory as well as easy guidance on that topic to Jane.
I wanted to compose a brief comment so as to express gratitude to you for those lovely points you are showing at this website. My prolonged internet look up has at the end of the day been honored with excellent knowledge to write about with my contacts. I ‘d claim that most of us website visitors are really blessed to dwell in a decent community with so many perfect people with useful concepts. I feel somewhat happy to have used your entire weblog and look forward to tons of more pleasurable minutes reading here. Thanks again for everything.